Part-time role at our friendly supportive practice in East London, that has been part of the Barking Community for over 30 years. Our many 5-star reviews from our clients reflect what a great team we have, who provide fantastic standards of patient care, as one client sums it up; “I am so grateful that there are brilliant people like this place for our pets!” Google Reviews.
The role is 2 and ½ days per week; Wednesday-Friday (half-day Thursday closing at 12pm) and 1:4 Saturdays. There is also the option to pick up additional shifts either on an ad-hoc or a permanent basis in other clinics if you would like to make it a full-time role. There is no night work or on call. For part of Wednesday, you will team up with our second vet Priyam, and will be looked after by our amazing RVNs Kim and Samara and Megan our VNA. The Thursday morning and Friday is sole charge, but you are fully supported by our hospital at Wanstead and our neighbouring clinics.
Our ideal candidate would be confident in GP practice, enjoy a busy environment with a broad and varied caseload, is happy with routine surgeries and loves working as part of a team
The salary is in the region of £32,000-£35,000 and in addition, we offer up to £2000- and 5-day CPD allowance (benefits pro-rata for part-time roles). We see CPD as an investment in the individual, as well as for the practice, and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- Up to £3000 relocation assistance.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.