If you would like to provide feedback or have a problem that needs resolving, but feel that a formal investigation by a manager is not necessary, we invite you to make contact with our colleagues directly at the practice where your pet was treated. Each clinic has a lead Veterinary Surgeon who takes overall responsibility for the practice, but all colleagues are well-trained to assist our clients. If the matter is something that the colleague cannot resolve themselves, they will ensure that the matter is passed to the appropriate person. When receiving informal feedback in this manner, we will:
- Always thank you for the feedback, and record it so that we can learn from it.
- Work to resolve the matter fairly, and be transparent and clear in our communication.
- Provide details of how to submit a formal complaint if appropriate.
If you have a concern that you feel requires a more detailed investigation and response from us, we ask that you do the following:
- Put your complaint in writing (email/letter) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or our head office at Goddard Veterinary Group, Claygate House, Manor Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 8BX.
- Provide as much detail as you can in your complaint, including;
- Your name and contact details.
- Your pet’s name.
- The nature of your complaint, in a clear and concise manner.
- What you would like to happen to resolve the complaint.
Once we receive your formal complaint, we will:
- Provide written acknowledgement within three working days.
- Review your complaint and ask you for any further information that we think will be helpful.
- Conduct an investigation into the issues raised in your complaint.
- Consider your complaint in light of any information obtained during our investigation and provide you with a written response within 15 working days of receiving your complaint. In some cases, involving a substantial investigation, or owing to colleague absence it may not be possible to complete our investigations within this period, but we will always keep you informed when this is expected.
- Strive to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
If our response to your complaint does not resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you have the right to request a review of the outcome of the investigation to the manager that initially handled your complaint. The manager will conduct a review and will respond to you in line with the same timeframes set out above. If after this review you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to appeal the decision of the manager. To do this, you should contact us using the same email or postal address as detailed above, setting out the reasons for your appeal. Your appeal will be considered by a Director. When a Director has issued their decision our internal complaints process shall be exhausted.
You can download and print our Complaints Policy here.