If you would like to provide feedback or have a problem that needs resolving, but feel that a formal investigation by a manager is not necessary, we invite you to make contact with our staff directly at the practice where your pet was treated. Each clinic has a lead Veterinary Surgeon who takes overall responsibility for the practice, but all staff members are well-trained to assist our clients. If the matter is something that the staff member cannot resolve themselves, they will ensure that the matter is passed to the appropriate person. When receiving informal feedback in this manner, we will:
- Always thank you for the feedback, and record it so that we can learn from it.
- Work to resolve the matter fairly, and be transparent and clear in our communication.
- Provide details of how to submit a formal complaint if appropriate.
If you have a concern that you feel requires a more detailed investigation and response from us, we ask that you do the following:
- Put your complaint in writing (email/letter) and send to the manager of the clinic the complaint refers to. Contact details may be found on our website or by asking any staff member.
- Provide as much detail as you can in your complaint, including;
- Your name and contact details.
- Your pet’s name.
- The nature of your complaint.
- What you would like to happen to resolve the complaint.
Once we receive your formal complaint, we will:
- Provide written acknowledgement within two working days.
- Review your complaint and ask you for any further information that we think will be helpful.
- Conduct an investigation into the issues raised in your complaint.
- Consider your complaint in light of any information obtained during our investigation, and provide you with a written response within 10 working days of receiving your complaint. In some cases involving a substantial investigation, or owing to staff absence it may not be possible to complete our investigations within this period, but we will always keep you informed when this is expected.
- Strive to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
Feedback on Complaints
Unless you ask us not to, we may invite you to participate in a survey regarding our handling of your complaint after the matter has been concluded. This feedback is very helpful to us as we strive to learn and continuously improve our service.
You can download and print our Complaints Policy here.