We can offer you the opportunity to take the knowledge you acquired in the classroom and apply it during a hands-on first year in veterinary practice. You will receive the regular ongoing support of a mentor vet to provide day to day support in your role, together with the experience and leadership of a senior managing vet who will oversee your progress.
Our new graduates participate fully in the clinical practice. Initially based at one of our three hospitals, you will benefit by having full rota involvement, including out of hours, to enhance your emergency skills. You will shadow experienced veterinary surgeons during surgeries, consultations, physiotherapy, and the working up of complicated medical cases.
You will also have the opportunity to observe our specialists diagnose and treat referred cases in dermatology, ophthalmology, and surgery with ultrasound, CT scanner, and our in-house laboratory equipment. We provide a strong emphasis on hands-on practice, enabling you to complete your PDP and gain as much experience as possible in one year.
Our people are our greatest asset and as one of our new graduates, some of the many benefits that you will receive include:
- A full-time salaried position with benefits including a £2,000 CPD allowance, paid CPD leave, subscription allowance, and BUPA cash plan.
- Working in one of our three hospitals gaining experience of first opinion, emergency and referral work, and further first opinion experience in some of our branches.
- ISFM, VDS, BVA, and BSAVA membership.
- Attendance at BSAVA Congress, London Vet Show, Vet Fest, and VDS communication skills seminars. Travel and accommodation expenses paid.
- Consultation skills training.
- Access to webinar-based training in a wide variety of areas.
- Attendance at regular in-house CPD meetings delivered by external keynote speakers.
The welfare of our patients and maintenance of high clinical standards are important to us as is the ability to provide excellent and empathetic client care. You will be actively supported and mentored as you develop all of these skills.
Places will be limited but we seek to recruit graduates on an annual basis, initially for a one-year period, for positions which begin in September of each year. After the first-year programme, candidates will be considered for suitable permanent positions within the Group working in a hospital or a branch and receiving ongoing generous support for their continuing professional development.
A successful applicant will be enthusiastic, confident, and friendly with excellent communication skills. We will provide full support suitable for a new graduate and, after an initial induction period, all work will be carried out under the supervision of an experienced clinician while gaining the skills and confidence required to progressively work more independently.
To support our current new graduates during Covid-19 we have taken the decision to place our New Graduate Scheme on hold for 2021. Please check back for further updates later in the year.