Come and join the well-established and friendly team at our RCVS accredited Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital. We are looking for daytime only, weekend vets. Stone Lion offers a varied caseload of routine procedures, emergency, and critical care and specialist work with a team of visiting specialists in a variety of disciplines. You will have access to the best facilities including digital radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, laparoscopic surgery, full in-house blood analysers, and intensive care equipment.
The rota would be 9-5pm Saturday or Sunday (or both) and we are happy to discuss the frequency of weekends with you.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- £2000- and 5-day CPD allowance (pro-rata for part-time roles)
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday)
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum. (Pro rata for part-time roles)
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500
Goddard Veterinary Group has 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
“I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
“I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role please apply online or get in touch by emailing email@example.com