Love the variety and flexibility of locuming but not the paperwork or lack of benefits? We have the perfect role for you in our forward-thinking independent family-run veterinary practice. We are looking for experienced veterinary surgeons to join our team and float in either West London, East London, or SW London. We don’t expect people to cover huge areas, and you will work closely with the locum coordinator teams to work out which clinics are accessible to you.
This is a very flexible position and would suit full or part-time work and allows much more flexibility than a set clinic role. For example, we have had vets who have combined the float role with volunteering abroad. We’re happy to talk to you about rotas that would work for your individual needs. This is also a role that could also work as a short-term contract, allowing you to use London as a base when travel reopens and combine other interests.
The role allows you to experience different environments from RCVS accredited hospitals with an array of specialists to multi vet and small sole charge clinics. So why join the team instead of locuming? We can provide job security, a regular fixed monthly income which can be supplemented if you would like to do extra shifts; fantastic hospital experience and you can plan your weekends well in advance. No filling in tax returns and you don’t have to worry about IR35 or having to set up a limited or an umbrella company.
There is a competitive salary, dependent on experience. In addition, we offer a £2000 and 5-day CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual and the practice and is keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500
- Accommodation is available if needed in some of our regions
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied caseload. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this interesting role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please get in touch by applying online or emailing email@example.com