Veterinary Surgeon Mile End
Our Mile End Clinic is expanding, and we are looking for an additional vet, 3 days a week, to join our friendly team!
If you enjoy variety, flexibility, and a great work-life balance this could be the role for you! Situated opposite Mile End park and a few minutes’ walk from the tube station, this is a vibrant area, suited to those who love the buzz of a London practice with all amenities nearby. We’re developing exciting future plans within Goddard Vet Group as a whole, and specific plans for Mile End, in order to support our many new clients and their pets.
The role is three days: including two shorter -days working alongside our experienced full- time vet Martin. We are flexible in which days these are and start and finish times. The core role is 26 hours per week plus a 1 in 3 Saturday rota. There is also the option to pick up additional shifts either on an ad-hoc or a permanent basis in other branches to make it a full-time role. There is no night work or on call. Our ideal candidate would be confident in GP practice, enjoy a busy environment with a broad and varied caseload, is happy with routine surgeries and loves working as part of a team.
- The salary is competitive and dependent on experience
- £2000- and 5-day CPD allowance ( pro rata for part-time roles) . We see CPD as an investment in the individual and the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday)
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan providing cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- “I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
- “I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.