Our fantastic colleague Ryan is heading back to Australia, so we’re now on the lookout for a veterinary surgeon with a strong interest in small animal medicine to join the friendly team at our RCVS accredited veterinary hospital in Wanstead, East London. Wanstead offers a beautiful high street with a range of pubs, restaurants, and shops all within a short walking distance of the practice. Central London, Westfield, and Stratford are all easily accessible via the Central Line. Equally the countryside is easily accessible with Epping Forest on our doorstep.
We provide an excellent first opinion, emergency, critical care, and referral service to our clients and local network of 20 branches and work to the highest clinical standards. As a result, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to treat a wide range of patients and conditions. There is great diagnostic support with a new CT scanner, a diploma holder in imaging providing our CT and ultrasound service, a commercial laboratory, a strong medical team, and experienced surgeons routinely conducting advanced orthopaedic, soft tissue, and minimally invasive surgery all available on site.
The position would be most suitable for an experienced medic who enjoys the challenge of complex medical cases but is also confident in performing all aspects of 1st opinion veterinary medicine. A medicine certificate holder or someone nearing completion of their certificate would be ideal. The successful candidate will be capable of mature decision-making whilst working in a busy hospital environment and will share our philosophy of practicing to the highest clinical standards and providing excellent client care. You would have the opportunity to work alongside other Certificate holders and Diplomates in a range of specialisms. There would be minimal OOH duties and no night work.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays)
- £2000 CPD allowance
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Accommodation is available, if needed, above the practice in a lovely well-presented flat. Caterham has great transport links into Central London (the practice is a short stroll to the station) but it’s also easy to escape into the pretty surrounding Surrey countryside, with good local pubs nearby.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- “I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
- “I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family-run business, please call or email Emma White, Hospital Manager, on 07495731686 or email Ewhite@goddardvetgroup.co.uk or apply now.