Are you a recent 2020 graduate who’s looking for a new challenge or a 2021 Graduate looking for a supportive environment to launch their new career? We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic vet, looking to join the friendly team at Goddard Veterinary Group in our Mandeville Region, West London.
To start with the role would be based solely at our friendly supportive multi-vet practice in Chalfont St Peter to get you off to a flying start. This is a really well-established community-focused practice and is a great opportunity to develop your career and work alongside a long-standing, professional, and committed team. We have a lovely new ultrasound, dental and digital x-ray, separate dog and cat wards, an excellent in-house lab, and our own visiting imaging specialist. Once you have found your feet, we would like to give you the opportunity to also work at our Uxbridge clinic 2 days a week, as well as staying at Chalfont for 2 days a week. Our Uxbridge clinic also has a new ultrasound, digital, and dental X-ray and does not involve sole charge work. You are also well supported by the excellent facilities available at the Mandeville Hospital including CT, ultrasound, endoscopes, and intensive care equipment. The hospital also has experienced orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeons, and specialists in ophthalmology and diagnostic imaging.
The rota is a 4-day week (with every Tuesday off ) and 1:3 Saturday Mornings. There is no overnight work or on-call. We would love you to support our hospital colleagues at our RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital in Northolt on a 1:8 Sunday day- time only rota. You will be working with experienced hospital colleagues on Sundays.
The salary is £32-35k depending on experience. Our CPD allowance is £2000 with 5 days paid CPD per year. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simplyhealth plan provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Accommodation is also available.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us for 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.