Our fantastic vet Dani is going on maternity leave later in the summer, so we are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to look after this lovely 2-vet practice in Surrey. The clinic is located in a nice area just off Caterham’s attractive High St, a short stroll from Waitrose, Café Nero, and the local train station (with fast links into Central London). It is also close to the pretty Surrey countryside.
Caterham has a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, an experienced longstanding team, with dedicated nurses, receptionists, and loyal clients. The practice has undergone a total refurbishment which includes a new operating theatre and lab area. We have two consultation rooms, separate staff rooms and offices, a large airy reception area, separate dog and cat wards, and lots of new equipment including a brand-new ultrasound and dental x-ray.
We would love to find a vet with an interest in ultrasound as we have our new machine, but this isn’t a deal-breaker, and we’re happy to support your interests. Hilda, our second vet also has an interest in ophthalmology so is happy to support you with your eye cases! The rota is a 4-day week (Monday, Tuesday 8-6pm, Thursday /Friday 9-7pm) and 1:3 Saturdays (8-5 pm), with just five Sundays a year at our main hospital in Wimbledon. There is no night work or on-call required.
The salary is in the region of £45-55k depending on experience. In addition, we offer a £2000 and 5-day CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual and the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays)
- BUPA private health insurance
- Simplyhealth plan which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Accommodation is available, if needed, above the practice in a lovely well-presented flat. Caterham has great transport links into Central London (the practice is a short stroll to the station) but it’s also easy to escape into the pretty surrounding Surrey countryside, with good local pubs nearby.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here’s are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- “I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!”
Current Employee – Nov 2020 *Credit Indeed
- “I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.”
Current Employee – March 2020 *Credit Indeed
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness Plans for all our new starters.
We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.