An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part time Veterinary Nurse lecturer looking for a varied role! We are looking for a Lecturer at our nursing college based at The Wanstead Veterinary Hospital in East London. The role will involve teaching both the Diploma for Veterinary Nursing Assistants and the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, alongside the VNA / VN Diploma leads and the college team. The role will involve carrying out student support visits. Whilst the main teaching role will be associated with Goddard Veterinary Nursing College, there will be some requirement to deliver internal training within the Goddard Training Department in a variety of formats to nursing and reception staff.
The successful candidate will be an RVN/ MRCVS who has previous lecturing experience and either holds an Internal Quality Assurance qualification or is willing to work towards this.
Our ideal candidate must have;
– RVN or MRCVS qualifications with at least five years post qualification experience in practice
– Flexibility to travel within the M25
– Enthusiasm for promoting gold standard best practice
– Recent clinical experience or willingness to work within clinical practice for Continual professional development
– Teaching/ training experience, and either qualified teacher or willing to complete DTLLS/PGCE
– Experience in delivering excellent client care
– High level of literacy and technical writing
– Good presentation skills
– Diligent research skills
It would be advantageous to have:
– Experience in teaching and training VNs for clinical skills
– Flexibility to work some evenings
– Degree qualified
– OSCE examiner
The role is 28 hours a week and will be based over 3.5 days with some work from home flexibility. The salary for this role is £30,000 fte.
Excellent salary for the right candidate! We offer a great benefits package including 5 weeks holiday, enrolment on to our Simply Health Cashback Plan which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractor fees, etc. 24-hour employee assistance line, generous shopping, and leisure discounts, fully funded CPD and paid for BVNA and RVN RCVS registration fees. You will be entitled to apply for a NUS card.
Goddard Veterinary Group is an independent veterinary practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star colleague reviews on Indeed!
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established, but forward-thinking college/ practice, and would like to know more please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat or apply now.