Maintenance Team Supervisor.
Goddard Veterinary Group – East London / Essex Areas
Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle, and Good Benefits Package
Goddard Veterinary Group is a group of 44 veterinary practices and 3 hospitals located within the M25. This role is for the East London and Essex region. Our maintenance team is responsible for all aspects of keeping these premises upheld to the highest standards.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to lead our maintenance team to ensure the highest standards of repairs to our sites no matter how big or small the job may be. This is a full-time, permanent position paying up to £40,000 per annum. The role requires a disciplined, self-motivated individual who can manage his own time and the team’s time effectively and be resourceful when presented with maintenance challenges. We will need the jobs looked at and worked through efficiently and work inspected post-completion to ensure these high standards. You will need to be aware of your surroundings as you will often be working whilst clients are being seen and animals are hospitalised.
– Organisation and distribution of work requests
– Responsibility for line managing maintenance team
– Ownership of initiating and completing jobs in a timely and professional manner
– Organisation of specialist services when required
– Able to build trust and good working relationships within the team and at all the sites you will need to work at.
– Ability to perform all aspects of general maintenance work from carpentry, plumbing, building, decorating, and minor electrical work.
– Good understanding of practical health and safety and work with your line manager to ensure these are all kept up to date
– IT literate
– Schedule meetings as required
– Communicate effectively with your team, veterinary staff and clients
– Comply with all relevant company policies, procedures and standards
Preferred Requirements and Qualifications:
– PASMA working at height certification
– Must have relevant and current qualifications such as 17th Edition / Corgi / Carpentry Certificate / Plumbing Certification or similar associated with the building/maintenance industry
– Have supervisory experience and good people management skills (recruitment, team briefings, job allocation, etc)
– Full driving license
– Have a positive and proactive attitude with drive and enthusiasms
– A pleasant, professional manner
– Be well presented with good management and organisational skills
– A commitment to quality and attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task throughout the day.
We have a great benefits package including:
– Simplyhealth cashback plan provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
– 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
– Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
– Cycle to work scheme.
– Great colleague pet discount scheme.
– Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.