Are you experienced in recruitment looking for a new challenge? Do you consider yourself dynamic with a proven track record? Do you already recruit on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor? Can you recruit a unicorn? This is an existing role to support our vibrant and continually growing business and we are looking for an astute and personable individual to join us on our journey.
The Goddard Veterinary Group is a people focused practice with clinics throughout Greater London. Arthur Goddard started the business in 1952 and we now have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We believe that life is better with pets and want to see a world enriched by the people-pet bond, so we deliver high quality care for people and their pets. We have a great reputation for looking after our colleagues; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more. Please take a few minutes to look at our numerous 4 and 5-star reviews on Indeed.
You will be working with a small, dedicated team and would report directly to our Director of Personnel and Development. This recruitment role will require regular travel to our practices around Greater London and will be based at our Head Office situated on the London/Essex border. Some remote working may be considered.
Ideally, you would be CIPD qualified and would need to have the following key competencies:
– Proven experience in Recruitment
– Fully confident with the end to end recruitment process
– Experience on an applicant tracking system and managing a talent pool
– Strong organisational and time-management abilities
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Competencies aligned with our Commitments
Knowledge of the Veterinary Sector would be helpful but not a pre-requisite.
The role would involve amongst others the following key areas of responsibility:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
– Responsible for recruiting permanent, temporary and locum appointments
– Line manage the Locum Coordinator Team
– Build and strengthen relationships with Hiring Managers
– Work within the dynamic P&D department and alongside our vibrant and energetic management team
– Ensure colleagues are able to explore career progression opportunities
– Use the Job Evaluation framework and salary banding to recruit successfully
– Provide benchmark salary bands
– Attend careers fairs and trade shows to promote GVG as an employer of choice
– In conjunction with the P&D team develop and maintain a resourcing plan for the company including where new talent will be required and what career development programmes can be utilised
– Maximise the use of direct channels i.e., on-line resources, LinkedIn, Company Website, job-board databases
– Enjoy the opportunity for recruiting for an established and highly regarded and fast growing organisation
– Support the Directors, Regional Managers and Hospital Managers with their respective Recruitment budgets
– Provide reporting to the Directors/leadership team on spend against projections
– Provide reports on recruitment activities including status of turn-around time (TAT) from vacancy approval to hire/start date
The salary for our Recruitment Manager role is in the region of £45 – £60k, depending on experience. You will be working with a great company, which really cares about our colleagues, and offers an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in this rewarding role please apply now with a covering letter and CV.