We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join the night emergency and critical care team at our RCVS accredited Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital in Wimbledon Village. Stone Lion has digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, comprehensive in-house blood analysers, and multi-parameter including capnography and blood pressure monitoring, used as standard. We are also offering laparoscopic spays. We are an RCVS Accredited Hospital and hold an ISFM Silver Award for Cat Friendly Clinics. Stone Lion is an interesting and rewarding place to work.
All the necessary equipment for patient side diagnostic testing is available and RVN nursing cover is provided throughout the night. Are you someone who is confident in managing medical and surgical emergencies? Do you have excellent communication skills and the compassion to provide a high standard of care to patient and clients alike? If this sounds like you please get in touch!
The current rota incorporates 121 night shifts per year (7 on, 14 off) including weekends and bank holidays. This role could also be combined with some routine day shifts if desired. The salary for this role is in the region of £55,000 to £60,000 per annum.
If you can demonstrate commitment to working to the highest clinical standards, dedication to delivering excellent client care and a desire to help and support both clients and colleagues, then we’d love to hear from you.
We have a great benefits package including:
– Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
– BUPA private health insurance.
– Simply Health, which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
– 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
– Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
– Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
– Cycle to work scheme.
– Great colleague pet discount scheme.
– Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
– Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
In 2022 we are celebrating our 70th anniversary and now have 44 branches, three hospitals and our own nurse training college. We value all of our colleagues and our forward-looking approach means we have introduced a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views, as well as monthly Town Hall meetings communicating real time updates, taking polls with live Q&As to ensure we’re making the right, collaborative decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all new starters.
We have a great reputation for looking after our employees and over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and would like to know more, please click the apply button now, if you would like more information or an informal chat to discuss the role further please email email@example.com