We are looking for an experienced maintenance engineer to work within the Goddard Veterinary Group maintenance team responsible for our Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital in Wimbledon and its surrounding smaller satellite branches. Our maintenance team is responsible for all aspects of keeping these premises upheld to the highest standards. This role is due to the need to expand our team.
In 2022 we are celebrating our 70th anniversary and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. We value all of our colleagues and our forward-looking approach means we have introduced a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views, as well as monthly Town Hall meetings, communicating real time updates, taking polls with live Q&A’s to ensure we’re making the right, collaborative decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters.
- General maintenance, repair and upkeep of our veterinary practices, internally and externally
- Detecting and reporting any defects or damage
- Completing all tasks as delegated in a timely manner
- Complying with the industry standards and safety regulations of working
- To observe at all times the company’s health and safety policy on site and report any concerns
- Hours of work are 7.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday – occasional overtime may be required to finish a job this may include evenings or weekends on an ad hoc basis.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Clean driving licence is essential (vehicle will be provided)
- Multi-skilled maintenance person.
- Experience in general carpentry, plastering, painting & decorating.
- Must hold at least one trade skill qualification
- Plumbing experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience installing kitchens and bathrooms is preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Should be a good team worker and have the ability to coordinate work with fellow workers.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be an animal lover
- Salary dependent upon experience with 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- This role includes a company van
In addition to this we offer:
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service