Love ECC but not 13hr night shifts? Be part of both our day and night teams with our twilight shift at our busy independent East London Hospital. It’s the ideal shift for someone with a passion for emergency and critical care but is also looking for a great work-life balance; 5pm -1am shifts, 4 nights on, 4 nights off. Ideal for someone wanting to study an ECC certificate; great caseload but time to study.
The role involves:
- Inpatient care (majority)
- Triaging emergencies and assisting with emergencies as they arise
- 4 nights on/4 nights off, 5pm- 1am shifts equating to an average 28-hour working week (therefore, this is a part-time role).
- You would work alongside our day and night vet, nurse and nursing assistant teams.
Do you have?
- Excellent communication, clinical and time management skills.
- A passion for animal welfare and gold standard patient care.
- Love ECC and have an interest in studying towards further qualifications in this area.
- Previous experience in a busy hospital environment.
Then this is the ideal new role for you!
The hospital sees a large and varied caseload and our nurses are actively encouraged to advance their careers with our generous CPD package This would be the ideal role for someone looking to study towards further qualifications in ECC.
Wanstead Hospital provides an excellent first opinion, emergency, critical care and referral service to our clients and local network of 20 branches and work to the highest clinical standards. There are great transport connections; the hospital is easily accessible from Wanstead and Snaresbrook (Central Line) tube stations and if travelling by car, it is within easy reach of the M25, M11 and the North Circular Road.
To help you make the most of your fantastic rota, Wanstead offers a beautiful high street with a range of pubs, restaurants and shops all within a short walking distance of the practice. Westfield, Stratford and Central London are easily accessible via the Central Line, alternatively, make the most of your free time with Epping Forest on your doorstep.
We are offering a competitive salary and profession-leading benefits package including:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Accommodation may be available if required.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family -run business and would like to know more, please contact Betsy Malamah-Thomas on 07498498301 or apply now.