Are you a newly qualified, or experienced RVN? Are you looking for a new challenge? Why not join our friendly team in Tooting, South London! The practice is in a vibrant area, close to many fantastic bars and restaurants within Tooting Market, and is only a 10-minutes walk from Tooting Broadway Tube.
ABOUT US – Our well-established clinical team is made up of young, talented vets and nurses who enjoy working and socialising together. It’s been a tough year in veterinary practice in general and the team has pulled together to ensure each team member and client has been well looked after. We’re proud to say that Lana, our Head Vet, and Toni, one of our other RVNs have been with the practice for 9 years and we’re excited to have recently welcomed Adam to the team, who is an additional vet 3 days a week. Our SVN Hannah has successful completed her VNA training last year through our very own Nursing College, where our newest member Jess will be starting her VNA course next year.
ABOUT YOU – We would love to find a nurse who thrives on providing support to vets, clients, and their team, who enjoys their time both in theatre, and providing great pet care advice to clients. If you believe that life is better with pets, and want to be part of a great team, then this is the practice for you!
The role is full-time (40 hrs.) with 1:3 Saturday mornings only and this may reduce to 1:4 Saturday mornings once Jess is all trained up! There is also the opportunity to work some daytime weekends shifts at our Stone Lion hospital to help develop your ECC nursing.
Our RVN salary range is £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience. In addition, we offer paid CPD- with 2 full or 3 -part days CPD allowance.
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simplyhealth which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Up to £3000 relocations cost.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a forward-thinking independent business, and would like to know more, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or click the apply button!