Are you a feline-friendly RVN looking for a new challenge?
Our long-standing amazing RVN Margaret is retiring, leaving a large hole in our lovely Acton practice. Margaret is a brilliant feline advocate and was awarded the Distance Learning Award for best result achieved in her Feline Nursing Diploma. The practice is also proud to be involved with lots of work for several cat charities. Acton is a long-established and hugely successful branch in a popular residential area of London. Built in an old bank the practice has lots of space and has a unique cat kennel built in the old vault and has recently undergone a front of house refurbishment.
The role is ideally full-time 40 hours with some Saturdays (afternoons only) but we are also happy to discuss part-time or flexible working.
We would love to find someone, who enjoys all aspects of the nursing role from supporting our vets in surgery to running your own nurse consultations with future potential to explore areas of personal interest through CPD. We would love an RVN who is a great communicator and has a passion for variety from routine to emergency care as no two days are ever the same! Clinical coaching skills would be a bonus as we believe in developing our teams and would love you to play an active part in that, and training can be provided by our own nurse training college to support you. What we can provide, is a stimulating environment to work in, a welcoming, supportive, and friendly team to be part of, and a company culture that supports colleagues.
Our pay range for qualified RVNs for this role is £23,000-£30,000.
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs.
If you are interested in these rewarding roles and working with an independent forward-thinking business, and would like to know more, please apply now or call Fiona Stephens on 07507694673 for an informal chat.