Are you an RVN looking for a rewarding part-time role?
Why not join our friendly team at Chessington? Chessington is a small clinic that has been part of the local community for over 30 years and is linked to our network of practices in Surrey.
We are looking to welcome a nurse who embraces all the nursing role has to offer from running nursing consultations, providing emergency triage and supporting our vet in surgery. We are looking for someone with great communication skills who thrives in a happy, calm environment. No two days are ever the same! The role is 2 days per week, Thursday and Friday 9-7pm. There are no on- calls, weekends, nights, or OOH’s, although you could combine more days at other local clinics to make this a full-time role.
Goddard Veterinary Group’s full-time pay range for qualified RVNs is £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience. We also offer fully funded CPD with 2 full or 3 -part days CPD allowance (pro rata for part-time roles)
Our industry leading benefit package includes:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meeting throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a forward-thinking independent business, and would like to know more, please call Jo Collins 07931807988 for an informal chat or click the apply button!