Exciting times — be part of the change! We are expanding and have created a new role to support our amazing team of hospital vets. The role is 30 hours a week and would be perfect for someone with an interest in both ECC and medicine and who would like more free time outside work. We are ideally looking for 2 vets, to work 3 days a week, but we are very happy to talk to vets who would be interested in this type of role to develop a rota that works for you. The role could also be combined with extra shifts to create a full-time position. Our ideal shift pattern is 12pm- 10pm, so you will work with both our day and dedicated night team (who start at 8pm) and you will be responsible for seeing all the emergency cases booked in on that day. There is some flexibility around the start time, and we would be happy to discuss this. The hospital sees an incredibly interesting and varied caseload, no day is the same, it’s a great environment to learn from our talented team of certificate holders and specialists.
The rota we’re proposing is for two vets, but we are happy to discuss other options:
We’re here for all patients – Wanstead Veterinary Hospital provides an excellent first opinion, emergency, critical care, and referral service to our clients and local network of 20 branches and works to the highest clinical standards.
We’re proud of our state-of-the-art equipment — there is great diagnostic support, with a new CT scanner, a diploma holder in imaging providing our CT and ultrasound service, a commercial laboratory, a strong medical team, and experienced surgeons routinely conducting advanced orthopaedic, soft tissue, and minimally invasive surgery all available on site.
We’re all about the team – the successful candidates will be strong team players looking to expand their experience in a busy hospital environment and will share our philosophy of practicing to the highest clinical standards and providing excellent client care. You will have the opportunity to work alongside Certificate holders and a Diplomate.
We’ll look after you – There is a competitive salary which takes into account the late finishes. Our CPD allowance is £2000 with 5 days paid CPD per year (pro-rata for part-time roles). We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Increasing holiday allowance (after working with us for 4 years you’ll have 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays).
- BUPA private health insurance.
- Simplyhealth plan provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Up to £3000 relocation costs paid.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Membership Scheme Allowance up to £350 per annum.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £2500.
- Accommodation is also available.
Wanstead offers a beautiful high street with a range of pubs, restaurants, and shops all within a short walking distance of the practice. Central London, Westfield, and Stratford are all easily accessible via the Central Line. Equally the countryside is easily accessible with Epping Forest on our doorstep.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.