Do you love surgical nursing? Are you looking to work part-time around other commitments? If so, this could be the role for you! With the growth in patient numbers and a greater surgical caseload in our clinics, we are looking for dedicated RVN’s who would like to focus primarily on the surgical caseload.
The role will see you supporting vets and clinical teams across a small group of clinics focusing on; pre-op diagnostics such as blood tests, preparing theatre for surgery, monitoring anaesthetics, recording surgical information, patient recovery, and monitoring (with the help of the team), preparing for patient discharge and some emergency triage. You will also have responsibility for assisting with pets admitted for monitoring, diagnostic testing, or treatment of chronic conditions.
- This role is Monday to Friday, potentially 9am-3pm (there is some flexibility on either side to fit in with any other commitments). We understand that not everyone wants the same thing, so as this role has a large element of flexibility, we are keen to talk informally to RVN’s and discuss what might work for you and us.
- This would suit an experienced RVN with theatre experience, who has an organised and methodical approach, but with the ability to adapt if the clinical situation changes, someone with previous experience with in-patient care, in diagnostics such as x-ray and dental x-ray, the ability to engage and communicate with a team to ensure the smooth running of theatre, and flexibility for travel within a limited geographical area.
- The salary range £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience (pro-rata for part-time roles) In addition, we offer paid CPD- with 2-days or 3 -part days CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice, and in some roles, we can support study for nursing certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Simplyhealth plans to provide cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great colleague pet discount scheme
- Paid BVNA membership, RCVS, and VDS fees
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
In 2022 we will celebrate our 70th Birthday and we remain, the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK with 44 clinics, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘Friendly, supportive, flexible, Goddards have always been there for me to celebrate the good times (qualifying as a Veterinary Nurse which they put me through my training for) and supportive /listening to me through difficult times (whether personal or work related). Extensive, up-to-date equipment to provide gold standard care for all animals and a very well put together team of Vets, Nurses and VCAs to care for the animals. Everyone works as a team; everyone has a voice and can help make changes /improvements if required. I have never felt so at home whilst at work. I have not closed the door to Goddards, for now, I need to change jobs for my own reasons, I hope to be back at Goddards one day. Fair pay, flexible hours (always consider individual needs) and everyone treated as an equal. Good holiday, great benefits scheme, provide good training and good CPD allowance.’ Former employee Dec 2020- *credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a forward-thinking and independent family-run business, please call Fiona Stephens on 07507 694673 for an informal chat or apply now.