We are seeking an RVN or SVN to join us at our Hackney branch in September 2021 (or if you cannot wait, we are open to discuss an earlier start date). This is a long-established, busy practice, in a vibrant area of London. We look after lots of long-standing clients as well as attracting many new pet owners. We are well known in the local community and are proud of the standards of care that we offer. We understand how important the pet and owner bonds are in everything that we do.
Hackney is a fast-paced practice, with modern and collaborative ways of thinking, with a team open to new ideas. We have lab equipment, dental X-ray, plentiful kennelling for our in-patients. Further investments are being planned to support the patient’s needs and ensure the branch can be best positioned to meet future demand. Hackney is a truly great place to work, with a wide and varied caseload and we work with enthusiasm, dedication, and good humour. You will find we are truly a welcoming, supportive, and friendly team.
We would love to find a nurse, who enjoys all aspects of the nursing role from supporting our two vets Niven and Jean in surgery, through to running your own Nurse consultations or triaging emergency cases, or an SVN looking to grow and develop their skills whilst continuing their studies. We are seeking an individual who is a great communicator and thrives in a happy, energetic environment. No two days are ever the same! The role is 35 – 40 hours per week including 1:3 Saturdays. There are no on-call, nights, or OOH’s.
Our pay range for qualified RVNs is £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience.
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Paid BVNA, VDS, and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simplyhealth plan provideing cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat with our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments, and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs.
If you are interested in these rewarding roles and working with an independent forward-thinking business, please apply online!