Come and be part of our highly skilled and hugely supportive nursing team at Wanstead Veterinary Hospital. If you love being busy, developing your skills, and experiencing a really varied caseload, then our East London independent hospital is the place for you!
The position would be great for a newly qualified RVN who is looking for a flying start to their career. Wanstead sees an amazing caseload and would be a great place to study for a certificate. The position is full-time (40-hour week) with 1:4 weekends (time off in lieu after a weekend worked).
Our pay range for RVNs is £23,000-£32,000 depending on experience. Accommodation is available if required!
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Paid BVNA, VDS and RCVS fees.
- Fully funded CPD and certificates supported.
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. We are now the largest family-run veterinary group in the UK and have 44 clinics, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us for 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve worked for the company for 5 years and they are great at supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high, and the caseload is great.’ Current Employee – March 2020 * Credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve enjoyed working for Goddards for 6 years and am sad to leave due to relocation. I liked working with the supportive team, lovely clients, interesting and varied case load. Management were accommodating with my flexible working request. Good back up to the branches from 24-hour hospital, so I never felt isolated knowing that friendly help and advice was only a phone -call or email away. Excellent CPD and benefits package. Former Employee -Nov 2020. * Credit Indeed.
At the heart of it all, we really value our colleagues. We have a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views and we’ve run Town Hall meetings throughout Covid, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we’re making the right decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are forward-thinking; we have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy clinics and allowing us more time to chat to our clients about their needs. This year we have a big programme of refurbishments and we are continually reviewing our clinics’ equipment needs. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non -UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
Wanstead Hospital provides an excellent first opinion, emergency, critical care, and referral service to our clients and local network of 20 branches and work to the highest clinical standards. There are great transport connections; the hospital is easily accessible from Wanstead and Snaresbrook (Central Line) tube stations and if travelling by car, it is within easy reach of the M25, M11, and the North Circular Road.
Wanstead has a beautiful high street with a range of pubs, restaurants, and shops all within a short walking distance of the practice. Westfield, Stratford, and Central London are easily accessible via the Central Line, alternatively, make the most of your free time with Epping Forest on your doorstep.
If you are interested in these rewarding roles and working with a well-established independent family-run business and would like to know more, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to Nursing Manager Betsy Malamah-Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click apply now!