We have a new role for part-time insurance claims and accounts assistant at our busy independent small animal hospital in East London. The role is two days a week; Monday and Thursday 10am-6pm (there is some flexibility with the start and finish times). The ability to work some additional hours during busy periods or cover holiday would be an advantage. Experience with insurance and a history of working within the veterinary sector is highly desirable, although full training will be given.
- Processing insurance claims from start to finish
- Liaising with clients and insurance companies to answer queries and ensure accounts are settled within expected timeframes
- Monitoring debt reports and follow up with clients regarding overdue accounts
- General administration to assist with the smooth running of this busy hospital
The skills needed for this role are:
- Good organisation and time management
- Multi-tasking and teamwork
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Literate with Microsoft Office applications
Salary is dependent on experience. We look after our colleagues with a profession-leading benefits package including increasing holiday allowance, cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, opticians, chiropody fees, etc. 24-hour employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, plus generous staff, shopping, and leisure discounts.
Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. His son Philip took over the reins in the late 90s and remains the practice principal. We are now the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we are proud of our many 4 and 5-star reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family-run business, please email Emma White, Hospital Manager, at Ewhite@goddardvetgroup.co.uk or apply now with a covering letter and CV.