Goddard Veterinary Group is a family-run practice and was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard. His son Philip took over the reins in the late 90’s and remains the practice principal. We are now the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals, our own nursing college, kennels, cattery and hydrotherapy centre. We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and please take a few minutes to look at as our numerous recent 4 and 5-star reviews on Indeed!
We are looking to recruit organised, articulate, highly motivated individuals with proven exceptional customer service skills to join our expanding call handling team at our Head Office in Woodford Green, Essex. We welcome applicants with impeccable spoken and written English, who are confident communicators and who are able to deliver outstanding client care.
Due to expansion, we have opportunities on a part-time and full-time basis to cover our afternoon shifts weekdays only (2pm – 8pm).
The call handler will form part of a team responsible for inbound and outbound calls for our practices and will work in collaboration with practice colleagues to ensure excellent client service. Duties will include:
- Booking appointments
- Receiving and responding to enquiries by telephone and online chat service
- Advising clients on vaccinations, flea, worming and neutering protocol
- Registering new clients
- Advising clients on pet insurance matters
- Promoting our Pets healthcare plan
- Taking prescription requests
- Handling enquiries relating to euthanasia and cremation
- Receiving and resolving complaints
- Updating client files
Successful applicants will need:
- A minimum of two years previous customer service experience, ideally within a call handling role
- A good standard of IT literacy
- GCSE Maths and English (A – C)
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and when dealing with emotional situations
- The ability to multitask
- A proactive attitude
- An excellent team ethos
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a well-established independent family-run business please click the apply button now and submit a covering letter and CV. If you do not hear back from us, please assume on this occasion you have not been successful in your application.