Based at the Stone Lion Veterinary Hospital in Wimbledon Village you will be responsible for ensuring that ward cleanliness is maintained to a high standard. Duties will include cleaning, general tidying, and re-stocking. This position is approximately 34 hours per week and involves shift and weekend work.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of hospital areas
- Cleaning kennels and changing bedding
- Keeping up with the laundry
- Assisting the vets and nurses with holding and examining patients, and setting up for catheter placement and blood sampling
- Running blood and urine tests
- Basic animal care including grooming and feeding
- Sterilizing instruments and packing kits
- When necessary, talking to clients and answering the emergency phone at night and at weekends
Veterinary experience is preferred but not essential as long as you can demonstrate a passion for animals and the ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients and their pets. Although training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently and show an enthusiasm for animal care. This role could potentially lead to a training position in the future, so candidates should have an interest in becoming a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
Our people are our greatest asset so we look after them with a profession-leading benefits package including increasing holiday allowance, cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropody fees, etc. plus generous shopping and leisure discounts.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established independent family-run business and would like to know more please apply now with a covering letter and CV (detailing your customer care experience). Should you not hear back from us please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.